Thinking Bigger – working together for nature
Ordnance Survey headquarters, Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton, SO16 0AS
Green Halo Conference 2020
09.30 – 14.00, Tuesday 4 February
- To take a wider view of nature across the Green Halo, looking beyond administrative boundaries and promote a more coherent and integrated approach to managing the environment and our natural capital; and
- To review actions and activities over the past year, with a focus on our four Green Halo themes –
- Enhancing the natural environment
- Supporting the local economy
- Improving health and wellbeing
- Encouraging sustainable living.
Alison Barnes: Chief Executive, New Forest National Park Authority and Convener of the Green Halo Partnership
“Review of Green Halo Partnership and introducing the theme of the event – Thinking Bigger: working together for nature.”
10.15 Keynote speaker
Dan Raven-Ellison: Guerrilla Geographer, National Park City campaigner
“London National Park City – A case study in collaboration”
10.30 – 11.00 An integrated approach for our area
Short presentations and panellist discussion
“Thinking Bigger: how do we transform access to nature’s benefits in urban and rural environments?”
- Stuart Baker – Assistant Director Strategy and Programme Development at Solent Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP), Assistant Director at Maritime UK Solent, and Chair of Maritime UK Regional Council
- Mark Axford – Planning Policy Manager, BCP Council
- Claire Upton-Brown – Chief Planning Officer, New Forest District Council
- Graham Horton – Manager (covering freshwater, coastal and marine work) in Natural England’s Thames Solent team.
11.00 – 11.15 Group photo & coffee
11.20 – 11.35 Perspective from the next generation
- Tanya Bellows, BSc Environmental Sciences student at Bournemouth University, and helping with the Green Halo Partnership.
- Collette Raine, Architectural Assistant with PAD Studio, and trustee of the SPUD Works charity.
11.45 – 12.25 Breakout session
Opportunity to discuss the broad issues raised by our presentations and discussion around:
- how do we scale up our ambition for Thinking Bigger?
- who should be working together and where?
- what are our priorities for Thinking Bigger?
12.30 – 12.50 Feedback from breakout session
12.50 Closing remarks Alison Barnes
13.00 – 14.00 Lunch, networking & depart
For details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.