Green Halo Workshop
A conference hosted by the New Forest National Park Authority and Business South at Ordnance Survey in July 2016 brought together businesses, NGOs and public sector organisations to develop the idea of a Green Halo, anchored in the National Park.
A steering group was formed from across the sectors to begin to develop the work programmes and recruit others. The steering group and the discussions it has had with other potential partners have shown widespread recognition of the benefits of a healthy environment.
There is interest in natural capital and ecosystem services, but a lack of examples of what they mean in a practical sense. Nationally the theory around accounting for our natural capital is developing, as is public policy on the subject. But there are few practical examples of what can be done.
So, put simply, we want to bring together people and organisations to understand the value of ecosystem services and work together to make a practical difference through projects which protect, restore and improve those services.
- Chris Baines, Environmentalist and Event Chairman
- Sue Armstrong-Brown, Policy Director, Green Alliance
- Maggie Charnley, Secretariat, Natural Capital Committee
- Alison Barnes, Chief Executive, New Forest National Park Authority
- Paul Stubbington, Team Director, Environment, Ramboll Environ
- Matthew Woodcock, Partnerships and Expertise Manager – South East England, Forestry Commission.